Edwards XDS20i Dry Scroll Pump | A73801983 | 13 CFM
The Edwards XDS20i dry scroll pump has 13 CFM and is ideal for research, processing and chemistry laboratories. Edwards nXDSi pumps feature the latest in tip seal technology giving them significantly longer life between tip seal changes (up to five year service intervals), and are designed to be completely field serviceable. This nXDS20i dry scroll pump is part number A73801983.
This Edwards nXDS20i dry scroll roughing/backing pump has a pumping speed of 13 cfm (22.0 m3/hr), and an ultimate vacuum of 0.022 Torr (0.030 mbar).
Inlet & Outlet Ports: KF-25 (NW25)
Power: Requires 100-240 VAC single phase power and has a standard C14 power connector.
The nXDS20i draws 10A@120VAC (6A@240 VAC).
Quiet / Low Noise Level: The nXDS20i scroll pump produces a noise level up to twenty times less than competing products at 52 dB(A).
Manual or RS232/RS485 Control: The pump has an onboard inverter controller which allows the pump to be controlled either manually with easy to use push buttons, or remotely via its RS232/RS485 interface when connected to an Edwards TIC or TAG controller, or a user supplied software interface.
Edwards nXDSi pumps are truly dry vacuum pumps as all the bearings, with their hydrocarbon lubricant, are isolated from the vacuum space. The nXDSi series of pumps is the next generation in completely oil free, dry scroll pumps and offer increased pumping speeds, lower ultimate pressures, lower power consumption and lower noise than previous models. Gas ballast allows for pumping of condensable vapors including, water, solvents, dilute acids and bases.
Technical support and one year warranty covered by Edwards.
Edwards nXDS20i replaces the discontinued XDS20. Edwards made many big improvements, including chemical-resistant (C model), much longer service life, easier maintenance and better efficiency, to name just a few.
The Edwards nXDS20i pump is a truly dry vacuum pump. All the bearings (with hydrocarbon lubricant) are isolated from the vacuum space. The nXDS20i is the next generation in completely oil free, dry scroll pumps and replaces the XDS10. nXDS improves on legacy XDS pumps by offering increased pumping speeds, combined with lower ultimate pressures, lower power consumption and lower noise. Gas ballast allows for pumping of condensable vapors including, water, solvents, dilute acids and bases. nXDS pumps also feature the latest in tip seal technology giving significantly longer life between tip seal changes. Integrated inverter drive with auto sensing voltage input delivers optimized pumping performance globally. nXDS pumps are designed to be completely field serviceable.
Features and Benefits
- Lubricant-free within the vacuum envelope and hermetically sealed means totally clean and dry vacuum to prevent cross contamination
- No atmosphere to vacuum shaft seals means bearings are completely isolated, which prevents process attack and means the bearings run cooler and last longer
- Simple single sided scroll arrangement combined with an innovative motor and bearing design allows for easy field service with a minimum of special tooling for low cost of ownership and maximum up-time
- Improved motor and drive efficiencies for reduced power and cost of ownership
- Advanced interface provides a variety of traditional, analogue and digital control methods enabling remote control/monitoring via USB, RS232 or RS485
- One year warranty, as well as technical support from Edwards
- General clean pumping applications
- Scanning Electron Microscopes – SEM
- Beam lines and high energy physics
- Backing turbo pumps
- Centrifuges, ultra-high speed
- Degassing/curing – oil, epoxy resin
- Freeze drying
- Gel drying
- Laboratory bench top vacuum
- Lasers, gas recovery and recirculation
- Leak detectors, Helium
- Load locks and transfer chambers
- Rare gas recirculation
- Rare gas recovery
- Refrigeration manufacture
- Research and development
- Rotary, centrifugal evaporators
- SEM/FIB (ion beam repair)
- Solvent recovery
- Surface science instruments
- Chemistry and vapor dry scroll pump for research and chemistry laboratories
|Nominal rotational speed||1800 rpm||1800 rpm||1800 rpm||1800 rpm|
|Displacement||6.8 m3h-1 / 4 ft3min-1||12.7 m3h-1 / 7.5 ft3min-1||17.1 m3h-1 /10.1 ft3min-1||28.0 m3h-1/16.5 ft3min-1|
|Peak pumping speed||6.2 m3h-1 /3.6 ft3min-1||11.4 m3h-1 / 6.7 ft3min-1||15.1 m3h-1 / 8.9 ft3min-1||22 m3h-1 / 13 ft3min-1|
|Ultimate vacuum (total pressure)||0.02 mbar /0.015 Torr||0.007 mbar / 0.005 Torr||0.007 mbar / 0.005 Torr||0.030 mbar/0.022 Torr|
|Minimum standby rotational speed||1200 rpm||1200 rpm||1200 rpm||1200 rpm|
|Speed control resolution (% of full rotation speed)||1%||1%||1%||1%|
|Pumping speed at minimum rotational speed||4.1||7.5||9.9||10|
|Maximum continuous inlet pressure||200 mbar||200 mbar||200 mbar||50 mbar|
|Motor power 1-ph||260 W||280 W||300 W||260 W|
|Power connector 1-ph||IEC EN60320 C13||IEC EN60320 C13||IEC EN60320 C13||IEC EN60320 C13|
|Recommended fuse||10A, 250Vac rms||10A, 250Vac rms||10A, 250Vac rms||10A, 250Vac rms|
|Weight||26.2 kg / 58 lb||25.8 kg / 57 lb||25.2 kg / 56 lb||25.6 kg / 56 lb|
|Noise level||52 dB(A)||52 dB(A)||52 dB(A)||52 dB(A)|
|Vibration at inlet flange||< 4.5 mms-1 (rms)||< 4.5 mms-1 (rms)||< 4.5 mms-1 (rms)||< 4.5 mms-1 (rms)|
|Leak tightness (static)||< 1×10-6 mbar ls-1||< 1×10-6 mbar ls-1||< 1×10-6 mbar ls-1||< 1×10-6 mbar ls-1|
|Operating temperature range||10 to 40 °C / 41 to 104 °F||10 to 40 °C / 41 to 104 °F||10 to 40 °C / 41 to 104 °F||10 to 40 °C / 41 to 104 °F|
Max inlet pressure for
water vapor (mbar) 35 35 35 20