XDS scroll pumps have become industry standard when dry pumping is essential, proving to be a robust and clean vacuum pump solution in a range of applications and processes.
The Edwards XDS46iC dry scroll pump is an oil-Free vacuum pump, corrosive version (A73106983). Pumping displacement speed is 35 CFM at 60hz. Ideally suited for LCMS and ICPMS applications requiring higher pumping speeds.
The C variant has been modified so that it is more suitable for use on vapor handling processes and may be used in some applications using corrosive substances. The C version is fitted with Chemraz® internal valve pads and stainless steel exhaust port. This pump could be paired with the Digivac Vapor Pressure Controller in your vacuum system.
This vacuum pump is not suited for cycling or evacuating large chambers. Max chamber volume for cyclic duty is 50 liters at a maximum 6 cycles/hr. Max chamber volume for any application should not exceed 100 liters when pumping from atmosphere. Maximum permitted continuous pressure at the inlet for continuous pumping should not exceed 40 mbar.
Edwards XDS46iC Pump Applications
- Automotive; brake line and air conditioning evacuation
- Backing turbomolecular pumps
- Chemical applications including gel dryers and solvent recovery
- Coating systems
- High energy physics
- Mass spectrometry
Features and benefits
- Lubricant-free within the vacuum envelope and hermetically sealed means a totally clean and dry vacuum to prevent cross contamination.
- No atmosphere to vacuum shaft seals means bearings are completely isolated, this prevents process attack and enable the bearings to run cooler and last longer.
- No oil to change eliminating cost of contaminated oil disposal.
- Simple single sided scroll design allows maintenance to be done in minutes for low cost of ownership and maximum up‑time.
- Inverter drive for consistent pumping speeds worldwide.
Here is a resource for helping to determine the size vacuum pump you need.
An alternative to this pump is the Edwards nXR60i Pump, which is a Multi Stage Roots Dry Pump NW40 Inlet/NW25 Outlet Flange.