Ai SolventVap 50L Rotary Evaporator | Complete Kit
Ai SolventVap 13-gallon/50L (evaporating flask capacity) series rotary evaporators come with vertical glassware and digital temperature/rotation control. Its optimized bath volume allows for rapid heat-up times. The condenser unit has specially designed glass tubes that utilize surface area extremely efficiently.
The SolventVap evaporators consistently deliver reliable and reproducible process results that are usually reserved for more costly systems. Another important aspect of the Ai SolventVap 50L Rotary Evaporator is the safety features, which includes dry-run protection, water bath over-temperature shut-off protection, and fuse protection.
Rotary evaporator features a specially designed motor and worm gear, which provides constant rotation at speeds from 10 to 180 rpm. As the flask containing the solvent is rotated, it continually transfers a thin layer of liquid over the entire inner surface. This gives a very large surface area for evaporation, which is caused by the gentle heating from the water bath. The rotating system is fitted with a special seal that allows the apparatus to be placed under vacuum, effectively reducing the boiling point of the solvents and removing the vapor phase, making the process much more efficient. Each unit is also equipped with an easy-to-use vacuum release and a continuous feed system, which allows solvent to be constantly drawn into the rotating flask without needing to stop the operation.
Digital water bath operates from ambient temperature to 99C (210F) with PID temperature control stepping at 0.1C increments. Heating coils are located directly inside the pan for the most efficient heating possible. A built-in overheat protector will shut down power, should the controller fail.
Standard Glassware Set includes 13.2 gallon (50 liters) round-bottomed evaporating flask, 5.28 gallon (20 liters) round-bottomed receiving flask, and vertical condenser. Rotary evaporators with vertical glass condenser are great for distillation of solvents with higher boiling points.
- Free dual receiving flask, a $1,700 value
- Now includes a stainless steel 50L evaporating flask carrier with silicone cushions (a $399 value), custom made for Ai 50L SolventVap series rotary evaporators. This carrier can be placed on top of our 50L SolventVap’s water bath for easy loading and unloading. It can also be used as a flask stand.
- New condenser insulation protects your glassware and increases cooling efficiency (included with rotovap purchase).
- New swivel casters can be adjusted for rotovap to stand securely on uneven floor.
- Solvent-resistant PTFE and Viton gaskets, ensuring long time operation.
- Specialized motor with extremely compact, intermeshed worm and worm gear provides precise driving for very quiet, vibration-free operation.
- Downward-condensing vacuum connection design ensures safe vacuum operation.
- Motorized water bath lifting for precise control.
- Additional manual water bath lift provides you peace of mind in case of power failure.
- Easy, straight-forward visual operation with digital speed and temperature display.
- PID temperature controller ensures accurate temperature control is maintained.
- One year warranty on rotary evaporator except for glassware and all sealing gaskets.
Ai SolventVap 50L Rotary Evaporator Bundle Includes:
|Part description|| Quantity
|Ai 220V -30°C 40L capacity recirculating chiller||1 set|
|ULVAC 110V UDP-6 6 CFM 9 Torr 2-stage diaphragm pump||1 set|
|Ai SolventVap 13-gallon rotary evaporator and water bath||1 set|
|Vertical main and auxiliary condensers and insulation||2 sets|
|50L evaporating flask and 20L dual receiving flask with detachable drain port||2 pcs|
|Three-way tee vapor buffering flask, glass||1 set|
|Glass vapor duct with seal (pre-installed)||1 set|
|PTFE vacuum sealing kit (pre-installed)||2 pcs|
|Receiving flask glass vacuum port with PTFE open/close valve, glass||2 pcs|
|Glass material feeding tube with PTFE open/close valve and PTEF extension tube||1 set|
|Stainless steel pole and mechanical vacuum gauge||2 pcs|
|Silicone vacuum tubing||10 ft|
|Rubber-wrapped support and bracket||4 pcs|
|Flask quick clamp with PTFE centering ring||7 sets|
|GL18 connector||5 sets|
|Evaporating flask cap spanner||1 pc|
|Allen key and inner hex screws||1 set|
|Ai 50L stainless steel 50L flask carrier / stand||1 pc|
|Ai plexiglass water bath cover for SolventVap 50L||1 pc|
|Users manual||1 pc|
Vacuum Control: VPC with VPPM Software for running recipes or RAMP control or the SNAP Vacuum Controller with onboard Automatic Process Control and Recipe Control to support SOP development and optimized vacuum drying.
A rotary evaporator is a device used in chemical laboratories for the efficient and gentle removal of solvents from samples by evaporation. The process of rotary evaporation is most often used to separate solvents with low boiling points, such a n-hexane or ethyl acetate, from compounds which are solid at room temperature and pressure. However, careful application also allows for the removal of a solvent from a sample containing a liquid compound, if there is minimal co-evaporation (azeotropic behavior) and a sufficient difference in boiling points at the chosen temperature and reduced pressure.
Example: The following table is a list of a variety of substances ordered by increasing vapor pressure (in absolute units).
Your safety is important to us! Please use caution when operating. Users of glass reaction equipment must take all necessary precautions to avoid contact with rotating parts, particularly entanglement of loose clothing, hair, necklaces, or other jewelry. Under these circumstances, the winding action of the rotating parts can draw the user(s) into the apparatus, resulting in breakage of glassware, burns, and/or chemical exposure. Extra caution must also be taken when operating with air-reactive materials, especially under vacuum. A leak can draw air into the apparatus and cause a violent reaction to occur.